Tuesday, December 15, 2009

“…because we get to cuddle.”

Several days ago our four year-old son was laying in bed with my wife and cuddling.  They were telling each other “I love you” and hugging each other.  My wife was really just enjoying her little boy.

As they were talking he said, “I like living in the trailer.”

“Why?” asked my wife.

“Because we get to cuddle more!”

His response was unrehearsed and nothing we ever discussed.  He was genuine in his response and sat beaming as he said it.  Our son captured, in one brief sentence, the greatest benefit we have yet received by our lifestyle.  We now have greater proximity to each other physically and emotionally.  While he noted the increased time being near each other due to our small space, he hit on the underlying desire our children have to share those significant times together.  I have spent many mornings lying on the couch holding three little boys before we get ready for the day…I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment