Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Census 2010

I am sure you have heard all the buzz about the census.  Well, what do we do when we have moved three times in the months proceeding the census?  We never received our census forms, we were at the KOA and they do no deliver them there I guess.  In fact, I do not know if any of the people living fulltime at the KOA will be counted, oh well.  Nevertheless, we have been waiting for the day that the census worker would arrive and count us.  We now have a permanent address.

She finally came this weekend.  She knocked on our door and it startled me, we have had little to no uninvited guests.  After asking if she could speak to me briefly, she recited our address and it was so unfamiliar to me that I had to really think about it.

“Where you living here on April 1st?” she asked.

I think so, I thought.  “Yes.”  We had moved in five days before that!

“How many people were living here on April 1st”

“Six.” I said laughing on the inside as I stood in front of our trailer which only measures 29 feet long.  She then asked her list of questions regarding each of us and came to here last question.

“Did anyone else live here on April 1st?”

Really, did you just ask me if there were more than six people living in this 290 square foot trailer? “No” I answered softly while laughing heartily on the inside.

Now we have been counted.  My wife’s grandmother can now rest easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment