Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Do we have water?

“Our water froze last night.”

I say that to many of my coworkers and they become deeply concerned about the state of my hose and burst pipes.  Little do they know, this has recently become a regular occurrence.  Our trailer’s water supply is fed by a hose from a nearby spigot.  Left exposed to the elements, the hose will easily freeze when the temperature dips only slightly below freezing (like 31.9 degrees).  We have regularly woke to find that the toilet will not flush (solids will fall, but it is not rinsed.  I will tell you more later about the workings of a trailer toilet, very interesting!) and it stinks until the sun rises and thaws our water.

These little nuances of trailer life have been fun, mostly avoidable, but interesting to learn about.  I have everything I need to insulate and protect our water, but why do that when I have kids to raise and there is fun to be had?  That is why we left our house wasn’t it…to get away from the need to be slaves to our home.  Well, I guess no reasonable person can actually shirk all responsibility, throw caution into the wind and let their home fall apart around them.  I will get to it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment