Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls anyone?

Every Thursday morning for the last two years, I have attended a meeting at work to discuss our patients.  At this meeting, there is always food.  In fact, we have a sign-up list to ensure someone is bringing food.  The variety of food that shows up is rather broad.  We have breakfast casseroles, stews, bagels, donuts, hot wings, sub sandwiches, Hot Pockets, cinnamon bites, Totino’s pizza rolls, breakfast burritos, assorted pastries, fruit salad and my specialty cinnamon rolls(from what I am told the rolls are quite a hit.).

I had been bringing cinnamon rolls rather regularly for quite a while, until recently.  Most usually I have neglected bringing them because I remember I am responsible for bringing the food at 9:00PM the night before.  Well tonight is no different.  I remembered at exactly 9:05.  I could have just brought something different as I have in the past, but this time I had been challenged.

You see, the last time I did not bring rolls it was said that “[you]…cannot make them anymore.  You live in a trailer!”  Of course not just a trailer, but a travel trailer.  “Anything you can do I can do…” came to mind, but only slightly appropriate.  Nevertheless, I knew that next time I would be making cinnamon rolls in my three cubic foot oven and use all four square feet of counter space!

After returning from the store the second time at 11:30(I forgot that in all of our purging, we discarded our jar of yeast. – You can’t bake in a travel trailer anyway, can you?), I got to work.  Actually, I did not get to work right away.  Where does the Kitchenaid mixer go?  Apparently, it goes on top of the sink.  Well what about the dishes(it only takes a plate and some spoons to fill our sink)?  They must be cleaned.  Eventually, the dough is made.  But where do I roll it out?  The only smooth surface with enough acreage for rolling out dough is the dining room table(I say dining room like there is the option for there to be another table, ha!).  After several generous helpings of butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, more butter and cream cheese, the rolls are rising until morning.  …I sure hope the oven works!?

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing table!! Check out this one too for Square Dining Room Tables. .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty impressed that you made homemade cinnamon rolls ANYWHERE. Hope everyone at work appreciated them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They always do enjoy them. They were all very excited to see my with a tray of rolls that morning.

    ReplyDelete