Sunday, October 11, 2009

Normal people would not live like this, right!?

Now, back to the story...

peace

Saturday July 18th, 2009 Hippies
We were at a friend’s party.  I talked with a woman we had met at a party a year earlier.  I asked her how she knew the host and she told me that they house-sat for them because they lived in a tent at the time.  Given what we had been discussing, my ears “perked” up, “Did I hear ‘tent’?”  It was like music to my ears!!  Even now, with a family of five they live in a house that was built for many families to live in, on some beautiful land.  They live in a small room, with a patio and enjoy the outdoors.  This “lifestyle” sounded so appealing to me.  I wonder if God put me at the party to have this very discussion with her.

Wow, she looks so normal!  I say that because no one in their right mind would live like that, in a tent or in a communal setting, right?  We were astonished by her story and motivated to reconsider our lifestyle.  After the party, we went to the park and started dreaming.  How can we make this happen?  Where could we live?  What about our new house?  We have so much to think about, but already we feel free.  The understanding that sometime in the future we will be free of everything, starts us dreaming.

To have seen a young family like us tell of their unconventional living gave us hope.  We now had hope that we really could live our dream.  We could now live in a van down by the river!  Move over Matt Foley, here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment