Thursday, October 29, 2009

Let is snow, let it snow, let it snow!

037

This morning (Wednesday) we woke to the pitter patter of rain gently falling on our roof.  Actually, the enormous drops sounded as though they were going to pound through as we lie in bed.  Then they slowly became further and further apart eventually disappearing.  I soon found that the rain had not stopped but turned into snow.  This was not just any snow, but big fluffy feathers of snow.  It was so proliferate a snow that after a five minute walk with the dogs, I was covered with approximately half an inch of it.  However, thanks to our generally temperate weather, the snow melted the moment it touched the ground.

038

Despite the lack of accumulation, the older boys were quite ecstatic when I returned from the walk.  They had pulled all the blinds open and sat with their faces plastered to the window.  The oldest smiled as he told me, “This is what I was hoping for.”  For them, the snow was a sign of the fun to come.  For me, the snow was a cause for concern.  How do I winterize this thing?  I imagine frozen water pipes, chilled children and holding tanks full of putrid…stuff freezing cracking and slowly draining their contents.  Well, it looks like I do not have a lot of time left to get ready for winter!

040

No comments:

Post a Comment